How Organization of the Night Works:
The Kansas City Mavericks Professional Hockey Team is offering your organization the opportunity to raise awareness for your mission, promote upcoming events, and generate funds for your cause! This opportunity, available at all 36 home games for the 2017-2018 season at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, is only offered to nonprofits operating as a 501(c)(3) organization.
What the program includes:
- Beneficiary of game night’s Chuck-a-Puck program
- Block of 30 fundraiser tickets to resell to friends, family, and support group
- Additional tickets are available at the same fundraiser level (organization earns $5-8 per ticket sold)
* Unique ticket link will be provided for each organization for online sales
- Friday and Saturday night games: organizations must commit to an additional 20 fundraiser tickets
- Dedicated social media post the day of the game highlighting organization’s cause/mission
- Table/vendor space on concourse, next to Chuck-a-Puck table, to distribute literature, grow your contact/mailing lists, and promote your organization
- In-game 30 second video clip to be played on the in-arena video boards highlighting your organization (video content provided by organization). Must submit video content 5 days prior to game date.
- 2nd period intermission radio interview with Kansas City Mavericks radio broadcast
- Organization will be mentioned in PAs throughout the game, as the beneficiary of Chuck-a-Puck
-Recognition in postgame e-blast that is sent out to all attendees of the game night
-Mascot appearance during the 2017-18 season in support of your organization’s event/initiative (mutually agreed date)
-Signed memorabilia item to be donated for a fundraising effort during the 2017-18 season
How your organization can participate:
- Contact the Kansas City Mavericks Director of Community Relations, Tim Vieira, at (816) 799-0102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide 501(c)(3) documentation, and signed agreement
- At a minimum organization is responsible for the sale of 30 fundraiser tickets; organization can sell any additional amount of tickets prior to the game date.
- Secure 6-10 volunteers to sell Chuck-A-Puck during the game night. Complimentary vendor passes will be provided for your sellers to access the concourse (up to 10 passes).
Volunteers commit to 2 hours prior to game time through the end of the 2nd period.
PROGRAM VALUE: $1,500 + unlimited fundraising potential
COST BREAKDOWN: ZERO UPFRONT COST!
$500 deducted from total chuck-a-puck sales – organization receives 25% of net sales
PLEASE READ! Even if your non-profit has run the Mavericks Chuck-a-Puck promotion in the past, this will help you make even more for your organization:
Make Sure ALL Your Sellers Promote Your Organization —Yell it out and let fans know that you represent a great cause, and that purchases of pucks will go to help your cause!
Wear Fun Clothing that Represents your Charity or Cause—Our “record breaking” charity wore colorful skirts and hats that had their organization’s information on it—they were interacting with fans and making them take notice of the charity and the Chuck-a-Puck promotion
TELL THEM ABOUT THE CASH!—We have upped the minimum amount that fans can win to a minimum of $500 at EVERY GAME—Make sure all your volunteers are getting fans to know just how much they could win!
There are two major reasons why fans buy pucks:
For the cash prize and other prizes!
To generate proceeds for the charity selling pucks.
Be LOUD and PROUD about both the prizes and your cause and you will sell more pucks!